Nintendo eShop Update: Nickelodeon Kart Racers 3, Dragon Ball: The Breakers
This week’s eShop update is jam-packed with games, but it’s an especially good week if you’re a fan of online multiplayer. First, DRAGON BALL: THE BREAKERS offers asymmetrical action as seven players team up (or go it alone) as they try to stay alive against the Raider. On top of that, Nickelodeon Kart Racers 3: Slime Speedway features online racing with up to a dozen players, though it also features a slew of single-player content for anyone who prefers to play solo.
There’s also a ton of other new content on the eShop this week, so check out the full list below, and also check out the updated list from Nintendo’s Game Store, here.
This week’s Nintendo download includes the following content:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- DRAGON BALL: THE BREAKER – DRAGON BALL: THE BREAKER is an asymmetric online action game in which a team of seven ordinary citizens tries to survive the Raider – a classic DRAGON-BALL rivals such as Frieza, Cell, and Buu – who will hunt them down and evolve into an unstoppable force during the match. Escape will not be so simple! Cooperate with others while there’s still time, but the decisions of the Raider or other survivors may force you to go it alone. Escape large maps made up of multiple areas, customize your playstyle and unlock unique skills, or even play as an icon DRAGON-BALL compete with yourself. DRAGON BALL: THE BREAKER is now available for pre-order and will launch on October 14. DRAGON BALL: THE BREAKERS Special Edition includes the full game and a set of cosmetic items that will make your survivor stand out on the battlefield with a full outfit, victory pose, and vehicle skin.
- Nickelodeon Kart Racers 3: Slime Speedway – Nickelodeon kart racers comes back bigger than ever! With a cast of over 40 iconic characters, you’ll drift, slide, and smash your way to the finish line on tracks inspired by legendary Nickelodeon shows like Sponge Bob SquarePants, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Avatar: The Last Airbender and more. Enjoy surprises like water and slimy slides and new types of vehicles, including motorcycles and personal watercraft. Mix and match parts, vehicles, and paint jobs, then select a crew and leader to give your pilot unique abilities. Race on new tracks in a slimy scramble or battle it out in new arenas in four-player local* and 12-player online** multiplayer. Nickelodeon Kart Racers 3: Slime Speedway is now available for pre-order and will launch on October 14. Nickelodeon Kart Racers 3: Slime Speedway Turbo Edition includes the base game, two playable racers and two crew members of Avatar: The Last Airbender and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtleskart parts and more!
- They fight against the herds – They fight against the herds is a 2D fighting game featuring a cast of lovable animals designed by acclaimed cartoonist Lauren Faust. Beneath the cute and cuddly surface, a serious fighter awaits! Battle opponents offline or battle across the world using four-button battle mechanics, a magic system, and an upgraded super attack. In story mode, players will explore an episodic adventure filled with exploration, combat challenges, mini-games, and boss battles. The battle begins on October 18.
- Digital Spotlight:
- Yippee, sports! – Get October out of the park with sports games on Nintendo Switch, just in time for National Sports Day! Be brave in the field with Mario and his friends in Mario Strikers: Battle Leaguego to the plate with MLB the show 22highlight the downbeat rocket league or land a Victory Royale in the current season of Fortnite. Looking for a variety of sports to dive into? Nintendo Switch Sports offers you six: football, volleyball, bowling, tennis, badminton and chambara (sword game), and each one is playable with intuitive motion controls! Additionally, golf will be added to the game as a seventh sport in a free update this holiday. Mario Strikers: Battle League, MLB the show 22, rocket league, Fortnite and Nintendo Switch Sports are all available now on Nintendo eShop.
- Upgrade your Aionios trip! – Come and explore the vast world of Aionios in Xenoblade Chronicles 3 for the nintendo switch system, where you can scale cliffs, descend sandy slopes, zipline on ropes, and sail the seas! And with the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Expansion Pass DLC ***, there is even richer gameplay to chew on. Wave 2 launches today and includes a new hero character, Ino, which grants access to the new class, “Champion Noponic”, challenge battles, unique accessories and special outfits! The Xenoblade Chronicles 3 The Expansion Pass is available now from Nintendo eShop and provides access to four waves of DLC for Xenoblade Chronicles 3 as each becomes available.
- MARIO + RABBITS SPARKS OF HOPE – A cosmic adventure of galactic proportions with Mario and the Rabbids is just around the corner! Explore vibrant worlds, unlock secrets, save Sparks and save the galaxy in exciting tactical battles. Freely roam all kinds of wondrous worlds, each brimming with discoveries. Recruit up to 30 different Sparks, each with their own special powers and skills that can help “trigger” a decisive victory! Can Mario and the Rabbids end the darkness? MARIO + RABBITS SPARKS OF HOPE will be released for Nintendo Switch on October 20. Pre-orders are available from Nintendo eShop and the My Nintendo Store on Nintendo.com. A GOLD Edition can also be pre-ordered, containing the base game, weapon skins, and a season pass that includes upcoming DLC packs with new adventures, quests, and battles.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch: